1) Always bring water to practice hydration is crucial to your success in the pool.
2) Don't show up right at start time. Be on deck 5 to 10 minutes before practice starts.
3) Don't just get through practice. Be focused. Work hard. Do your workout with meaning. Your performance at practice is a reflection of your performance at your meets.
4) Freestyle bi-lateral breathing at practice is important. It is faster, it balances your stroke, it reduces the risk of shoulder injury and it Increases rotation.
5) Food is fuel to perform. Swimmers need a diet of 50% Carbohydrates, 30% Lean Protein and the rest of what you eat should be Health Fats
(such as avocado). USA Swimming calls this Functional Fueling.